Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Psalm 89-We will reign with Him



Truth for Truckers” *April 29, 2014* Psalm 89 “We will reign with Him

     “I have made a covenant with My chosen, I have sworn unto My servant David, Thy seed will I establish forever, and build up thy throne to all generations. Selah.” (Psalm 89:3, 4) These promises to David are still in effect. When the next Davidic king sits on the throne of David, it will be the Lord Jesus Christ during the 1,000 year period called the Millennium:”And the Lord God shall give Him the throne of His father David: And He shall reign over the house of Jacob forever.” (Luke 1:32, 33) which will come to pass after the Day of the Lord (Revelation 8-19) is completed at the battle of Armageddon.

     David was given this covenant from God originally in II Samuel 7:16 “And thine house and thy kingdom shall be established forever before thee: thy throne shall be established forever.” There has been a gap since the last king from the tribe of Judah sat on the throne of David for over 2600 years when the nation was taken into captivity by Nebuchadnezzar the king of Babylon.

     But, the Lord Jesus Christ who is of the tribe of Judah will sit upon the throne of David fulfilling this covenant of David and the prophecy spoken to Mary by the angel Gabriel in (Luke 1:31-33) when she was told of this Child whom she would conceive, bring forth and raise for the glory of God!

     The Lord repeats the promise of David’s covenant in (Psalm 89:34-37) “My covenant will I not break, nor alter the thing that is gone out of My mouth. Once have I sworn by My holiness that I will not lie unto David. His seed shall endure forever, and his throne as the sun before Me. It shall be established forever as the moon, and as a faithful witness in heaven. Selah.”

     We will reign with Him for this 1,000 years according to Scripture:”Blessed and holy is he that has part in the first resurrection; on such the second death has no power; but they shall be priests of God and of Christ and shall reign with Him a thousand years.” (Revelation 20:6) This is a great promise to you and me Drivers. We, the born-again saints of God will reign with Him! Praise the Lord, give Him glory!
                                                                                       
Chaplain LEWolfe  www.btmi.org I-85 Exit 35 SC   McPilot    Stop in, and please pray for our ministry!

No comments:

Post a Comment