Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Psalm 142-Bring my soul out of prison



Truth for Truckers” *June 22, 2014* Psalm 142 “Bring my soul out of prison

     At a time when David was in dire straits, he wrote this Psalm from a cave as he was under assault from King Saul. He recognized that he was in a literal prison for his liberty was limited by constantly being hunted down in his own land.His prayer at the end of Psalm 142 is a deep longing for His Lord to set him free from Saul’s persecution:
“Bring my soul out of prison, that I may praise Thy name; the righteous shall compass me about; for Thou shall deal bountifully with me.”(v.7)

     Notice, David recognizes that his praise to the Lord’s name will be made when he is given freedom from Saul. Also, when David is released from his self-imposed captivity the righteous will encircle him and he will receive abundant blessings from the Lord. So it is with us, Drivers, when we walk at liberty in the fullness of the Holy Spirit, we too will be blessed of the Lord for where the Spirit of the Lord is there is liberty (II Corinthians 3:17)

Chaplain LEWolfe  www.btmi.org  I-85 Exit 35 SC   McPilot    Stop in, and please pray for our ministry!

No comments:

Post a Comment