Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Psalm 108-Song of the Warrior



Truth for Truckers” *May 18, 2014* Psalm 108 “Song of the Warrior

     David, the Warrior King and the master of praising the Lord gives us his formula in the following order:
1.      O God, my heart is fixed
2.      I will sing and give praise even my glory
3.      Awake, psaltery and harp
4.      I myself will awake early
5.      I will praise Thee, O LORD
6.      I will sing praises unto Thee among the nations
7.      For Thy mercy  is great above the heavens
8.      And Thy truth reaches unto the clouds
9.      Be Thou exalted above the heavens
10.  And Thy glory above all the earth

     All of these elements of praise in (v.1-5) go before his requests: “That Thy beloved may be delivered: save with Thy right hand, and answer me.” (v.6) At this point some may think that we are overdoing the subject of praising the Lord. But, let me remind you, first of all, of the greatness of our God. He is a God that hears and answers the prayers of millions of Believers simultaneously, with precision and precise timing. He is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think according to the power that works within us, which power He has put within each one of His children! This is the God of gods who is able to abase the proud and bring them to their knees causing many to cry out to Him for mercy!

      My God is the same God of Israel Who at one time when the Temple stood on Mt. Zion was continually praised 24-7 by singers who were there day and night singing His praises with instruments of music giving Him a grand and glorious aura here on earth. Today, this is not occurring. He is counting on His people, the born-again Christians to give Him the praise and glory He deserves because of the transformed lives, the blessings of His supply, the comfort given by His indwelling Holy Spirit in times of trouble etc. etc. etc. We, Drivers, must praise and glorify His precious Name!
      
Chaplain LEWolfe  www.btmi.org   I-85 Exit 35 SC   McPilot    Stop in, and please pray for our ministry!

No comments:

Post a Comment