Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Psalm 116-I love the LORD



Truth for Truckers” *May 26, 2014* Psalm 116 “I love the LORD

     The opening verse gives a declaration only heard twice in the book of Psalms: “I love the LORD because He has heard my voice and my supplications.” It is for this reason that the unnamed Psalmist promises seven times “I will”:

1.      “Therefore will I call upon Him as long as I live” (v.2)

2.      “I will walk before the LORD in the land of the living.” (v.9)

3.      “I will take the cup of salvation, and call upon the name of the LORD.” (v.13)

4.      “I will pay my vows unto the LORD now in the presence of all His people.” (v.14)

5.      “I will offer to Thee the sacrifice of thanksgiving. (v.17a)

6.      “And will call upon the name of the LORD.” (v.17b)

7.      “I will pay my vows unto the LORD now in the presence of all His people.” (v.18)

     Twice he promises to pay his vows to the LORD in the presence of all His people. This doubly reminds me of the time when I vowed to God that if He would deliver me from a very troublous situation I would do whatever He wanted me to do. On numerous occasions He has reminded me of this vow I made to Him way back in the winter of 1968.

     At that time He performed a miracle by delivering me from a suicidal pattern of obsessive thinking brought on by the Devil himself. Twelve years later He saved me from my sins when I repented and put my faith in His Son, the Lord Jesus Christ! Yes, God does hear the desperate cries of the lost, for He alone knows ahead of time what is in the future for His child!

Chaplain LEWolfe  www.btmi.org  I-85 Exit 35 SC   McPilot    Stop in, and please pray for our ministry!

No comments:

Post a Comment