Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Psalm 132-For the LORD has chosen Zion



Truth for Truckers” *June 12, 2014* Psalm 132 “For the LORD has chosen Zion

     This Psalm covers the desire of David to build “An habitation for the mighty God of Jacob.” (v.5) Then he speaks of going into His tabernacles and makes a number of requests to the LORD. God responds with six “I will” declarations in the closing verses of the Psalm after David establishes the fact of God’s choosing Zion “For His habitation”:
1.      This is My rest forever: here will I dwell for I have desired it
2.      I will abundantly bless her provision
3.      I will satisfy her poor with bread
4.      I will also clothe her priests with salvation and her saints shall shout aloud for joy
5.      There will I make the horn of David to bud
6.      His enemies will I clothe with shame: but upon himself shall his crown flourish

     These blessings upon Zion, His place of habitation, have not been exhausted for God’s declarations concerning Jerusalem the place of His choosing to dwell have not expired during the time when the Jews were dispersed from the promised land and its capital city, but God still has the same attitude toward His home on earth. And, He will bring to pass the necessary events so that each declaration He made will be true!

Chaplain LEWolfe  www.btmi.org  I-85 Exit 35 SC   McPilot    Stop in, and please pray for our ministry!

No comments:

Post a Comment