Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Psalm 139-Search me O God



Truth for Truckers” *June 19, 2014* Psalm 139 “Search me O God

     An outline showing the mind of David as he gives some great illustrations concerning God’s attributes will help us understand the Spirit’s intent for this somewhat complex Psalm of twenty-four verses.

   I.The Omniscience of God (v.1-6)

  II.The Omnipresence of God (v.7-12)

 III.The Omnipotence of God (v.13-16)

 IV.The Grace of God (v.17, 18)

  V.The Judgment of God (v.19, 20)

 VI.The Enemies and David’s Response (v.21, 22)

VII.The Cry of David for God’s  Examination and Direction (v.23, 24)

     After David recognizes God’s mighty powers he cries out to the LORD for examination to do six things:
1.      Search me O God
2.      Know my heart
3.      Try me
4.      Know my thoughts
5.      See if there be any wicked way in me
6.      Lead me in the way everlasting

     This heart rending prayer from David is a great example for each of us Drivers, on how to begin our day asking God to examine us thoroughly and lead us in His way everlasting!
               
Chaplain LEWolfe  www.btmi.org  I-85 Exit 35 SC   McPilot    Stop in, and please pray for our ministry!

No comments:

Post a Comment