Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Psalm 117-Praise ye the LORD



Truth for Truckers” *May 27, 2014* Psalm 117 “Praise ye the LORD

      This, the shortest Psalm, commands us to praise the LORD three times: “O praise the LORD all ye nations: praise Him all ye people. For His merciful kindness is great toward us; and the truth of the LORD endures forever. Praise ye the LORD.” Although the writer is unnamed David’s Dynamic Duo of mercy and truth although somewhat modified is found in this brief but powerful message.

     This is a good Psalm to memorize for each command to praise the LORD applies to us. We are part of the nation of the USA, we also are one of a certain type of people and third the personal command to “Praise YE the LORD” applies to each of us individually. So, Drivers, in this brief jam-packed Psalm we are commanded to “Praise the LORD” Jehovah three separate times! It may seem like this command is over-done, but as I look at my own life, praising the Lord is an area that is lacking as I get consumed with the everyday world and don’t see Him working and giving Him praise!

      It may seem like this command is over-done, but as I look at my own life, praising the Lord is an area that is lacking as I get consumed with the everyday world and don’t see Him working and giving Him praise! We can always begin by counting our blessings: Our good health, our saved family members, His provision of all necessary things etc. etc.
“Rejoice in the Lord always, and again I say rejoice” (Philippians 4:4). This is my son’s life verse! Rejoice, brethren!

Chaplain LEWolfe  www.btmi.org  I-85 Exit 35 SC   McPilot    Stop in, and please pray for our ministry!

No comments:

Post a Comment