Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Psalm 102-Prayer of the Desperate



Truth for Truckers” *May 12, 2014* Psalm 102 “Prayer of the Desperate

     This prayer by the Psalmist is made to the LORD when he is overwhelmed. He pours out his heart and complaint before the LORD. This is the fifth of the seven penitential Psalms. A simple outline will shed light on the details:

I. The Cry of Despair (v.1, 2, 24)
   1. Hear my prayer
   2. Let my cry come unto Thee
   3. Hide not my face from Thee
   4. Incline Thy ear unto me
   5. Answer me speedily
   4. Take me not away in the midst of my days

II. The Cost of Despair (v.3-11)
1.      My days are consumed like smoke
2.      My bones cleave to my skin
3.      My heart is smitten, and withered like grass
4.      My bones cleave to my skin
5.      My enemies reproach me all the day
6.      My days are like a shadow that declines

III. The Cure for Despair (v.12-27)
1.      Thou O LORD shall endure forever
2.      Thy remembrance unto all generations
3.      Thou shall regard the prayer of the destitute
4.      Thy years are throughout all generations
5.      Thou shall endure
6.      Thou are the same and Thy years shall have no end

     Taking our every situation to the Lord in prayer is the only way for us to bring about the needed cure when we are overwhelmed from the circumstances we are facing. Discouragement is one of the biggest weapons the devil uses to rob the child of God of his joy. Crying out to God, telling Him about our troubles by giving it to Him allowing Him to take charge is what we must do. By focusing on Him, Drivers, and His eternal presence, power and unchanging character will give us relief, and He will bring about His desired results!
    
Chaplain LEWolfe  www.btmi.org  I-85 Exit 35 SC   McPilot    Stop in, and please pray for our ministry!

No comments:

Post a Comment