Monday, June 30, 2014

Psalm 66-Remembering what God had done



Truth for Truckers” *April 6, 2014* Psalm 66 “Remembering what God has done”

          Psalm 66 focuses upon giving God the glory and worshiping Him. In (v.1-8) seven commands are given to the Believer to give worship to the Lord. Verses 10-12 testing and proving of the Believer is recorded and how God after a time of testing brings His people out into a wealthy place. This is followed by promises from the Psalmist to continue worship.

     He invites others to: “Come and hear, all ye that fear God, and I will declare what He has done for my soul.” (v.16) His testimony follows in (v.17-20):
1. I cried unto God with my mouth
                                                                               
2. He was extolled with my tongue
                                                                               
3. If I regard iniquity in my heart the Lord will not hear me            
                                                                               
4. But verily God has heard me
                                                                                
5. He has attended to my prayer

6. Blessed be God, which has not turned away my prayer, nor His mercy from me.   

     This testimony by the Psalmist shows how God has worked in his life and is a good example for us to follow as we tell how we were saved. Notice, he cried to God, he dealt with his sin and God heard his prayer which is followed by praise for answering and His mercy which opened the door through the Blood of Christ which is the doorway for our access to the mercy of God! “Let us come boldly unto the throne of grace that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need.” (Hebrews 4:15)
        
Chaplain LEWolfe  www.btmi.org I-85 Exit 35 SC  McPilot  Stop in, and please pray for our ministry!


No comments:

Post a Comment