Monday, June 30, 2014

Psalm 68-Father of the Fatherless



Truth for Truckers” *April 8, 2014* Psalm 68 “Father of the fatherless”

      Until you have experienced what it is like to be without an earthly father, the reality of God being your Father does not really hit you like it does someone who has been without a father most of or all of their life. That is how my life was until the Lord saved me at age 35. My earthly father was absent most of my life, a dedicated alcoholic who fathered five sons but was not their actual father much of our lives. But when the Lord saved me this verse became a blessed reality: “A Father of the fatherless” (Psalm 68:5).

     It hit me like a ton of bricks as He caused me to understand by His indwelling Holy Spirit that He truly was and now continues to be my Father indeed. How is it with you Driver? The God who spoke the world into existence is your heavenly Father, He loves you unconditionally and has a great plan for your life. That is what He taught me the very first day that He saved me from my bondage to alcohol, drugs, nicotine and a very wicked and debauched lifestyle. “He delivered me from the power of darkness and translated me into the Kingdom of His Dear Son.” (Colossians 2:13)

     And so it is with each and every soul that He delivers from the bondage of sin…He is the Father of the fatherless!  Embrace Him, for He loves you just as you are! And, He has given you a priceless eternal inheritance listed in Ephesians 1-3 which is yours right now. As far as God is concerned, you are right now “Seated in the heavenlies in Christ Jesus! (Ephesians 2:6). So, Drivers, rejoice in Him this day for your Biblical position is in heaven with your Father!!

Chaplain LEWolfe  www.btmi.org I-85 Exit 35 SC  McPilot  Stop in, and please pray for our ministry!


No comments:

Post a Comment