Monday, June 30, 2014

Psalm 71-The Geezer and the Gospel



Truth for Truckers” *April 11, 2014* Psalm 71  “The Geezer and the Gospel”

     “Cast me not off in the time of old age, forsake me not when my strength fails.”(v.9) These appeals from the Psalmist are given during the later years of his life as (v.18) reveals and confirms: “Now also when I am old and grey-headed, O God, forsake me not; until I have shown Thy strength unto this generation and Thy power to everyone that is to come.” These verses set the tone for the entire Psalm giving the view from an older saint who still is willing to go to war for the Lord showing the Seven Secrets for Souls in (v.16-18):    1. I will go in the strength of the Lord
                  2. I will make mention of Thy righteousness even of Thine only
                  3. O God, Thou has taught me from my youth
                  4. I have declared Thy wondrous works
                  5. Now also when I am old and grey-headed, O God, forsake me not
                  6. Until I have shown Thy strength unto this generation
                  7. And Thy power to every one to come

    The application for us whether old or young is that we must make these declarations of the Psalmist a daily reality in our lives. His desire to declare the righteousness of God which we who are saved have received because of the Lord Jesus sacrifice on the Cross of Calvary must also be our message to those who are lost for with the shedding of the Blood of Jesus we have no forgiveness of sin!

     We receive His righteousness to our account when we believe and are born-again! Let us have the same resolve to spread the message of the Gospel of Jesus Christ and pray for the Lord to send those who need to hear into our path. So, Drivers, in the USA if you are over fifty you are a Geezer...at least AARP thinks so HAHA!
        
Chaplain LEWolfe  www.btmi.org I-85 Exit 35 SC  McPilot  Stop in, and please pray for our ministry!


No comments:

Post a Comment